Categories
World News

BREAKING NEWS:. Thousands flee after massacre in northern Burkina Faso.

More than 7,000 families have fled their homes in Burkina Faso northern region following the areas worse massacre in years, the government has said.

The mass flight came after gunmen killed at least 138 people and wounded dozens in an attack on solhan village in Yogha province on Friday.

Steps have already been taken to give displaced people a minimum level of comfort, lodging and food, Prime Minister Christophe Danire said on Tuesday.

More than 7,000 families have moved to Senna, the capital of Yagha about 15 km,( 10 miles from Solhan, he added.

In Geneva, UNHCR spokesman Babar Baloch tallied the number of people fleeing violence at about,3,300 people, including more than 2,000 children and nearly 500 women.

Baloch said the death toll of 138 made the attack the dreadlest since 2015.

Burkinabe communications minister Ousseni Tamboura, said the village had been completely emptied of people.

One local official said, most of them who left Solhan had already been armed group violence including in the mandola district to the west.

They killed so many people without even separating the women and children.

Mannou Tambanga , a Solhan resident told Al Jazeera, They killed, they burnt all the goods they saw, they ransacked, he added.

The prime Minister said the attack would not go unpunished, adding that extra forces had already been deployed in the region.

The slaughter in Solhan followed the killing of 14 people in the village of Tadary,as in the same region, where an armed group linked to al- Qaeda and ISIL( ISIS) have been targetting civilians and soldiers.