Donald Trump’s doctor has said the US president is no longer at risk of transmitting coronavirus hours after he to returned to the campaign trail.
White House physician Sean Conley said Mr Trump took a COVID-19 test on Saturday which showed that he is no longer a “transmission risk to others”.
Mr Conley continued in a statement: “Now at day 10 from symptom onset, fever-free for well over 24 hours and all symptoms improved, the assortment of advanced diagnostic tests obtained reveal there is no longer evidence of actively replicating virus.”
The White House had no immediate comment on whether Mr Conley’s statement indicated that the president had tested negative for the virus.
Mr Trump had earlier urged supporters to vote his rivals into “oblivion” during his first public campaign appearance since being treated for the disease.
Hundreds of supporters gathered on the White House lawn in matching T-shirts and hats as the president spoke to them from a balcony on Saturday evening.
— Sky news